Here are a few tips for jumping into the #TXEDUCHAT:
- Chats can be quite fast paced and programs such as Tweet Deck or Twitterfall can assist in keeping up with posts.
- The #TXEDUCHAT hashtag needs to be included in each of your answers or comments on Twitter during the chat so that everyone "hears" you.
- Questions posted by the moderators will usually begin with the characters Q1, Q2, etc and your answers should follow suit with A1, A2, etc at the beginning.
- If you miss tweets, don't be alarmed. It is very easy to scroll back through the chat or review all the comments later.
- If you are already familiar with the topic, type out comments or questions before the chat in a document that you can access during the chat and simply "paste in" your thoughts. Keep in mind that these should also stay within the 140 character limit.
- Tweets can include links to outside articles or information that helps make your point.
- Retweet anything that you find noteworthy or you feel warrants a "shout out!"
- Once you have tweeted the #TXEDUCHAT hashtag you can then view all the tweets associated with it by clicking on it at any time.
I hope these tips help! Please join me on Sunday evenings from 8 to 9 pm Central for the #TXEDUCHAT!